Community News & Devblog
Patch notes, tournament announcements, community spotlights and more
Posted 6 years ago on December 29th 2013 by Ze PilOt
This update is mostly for Galactic War players.
It solves some UI problems related to GW, as well as better internal functions (for the tournament server), sanity checks (for the proxy server) and code cleaning and libraries updates.
It also remove FreeImage dependencies.
Talking about Galactic War
Posted 6 years ago on December 26th 2013 by Ze PilOt
- Team squad invitations for Galactic War are now integrated in the Squad management panel.
- Topic is now seen on top of the chat (thanks to PattogoTehen).
- Maps are now listed all alphabetically in the host game tab (previously was Vanilla then custom).
Posted 6 years ago on December 23rd 2013 by Ze PilOt
A server maintenance is planned Friday 27 December, at 9 AM UTC.
It will be as short as possible, probably less than an hour.
The lobby, the website and the forums will be unavailable during that time.
You will be able to follow how the procedure is going on the twitter account.
Posted 6 years ago on December 22nd 2013 by Ze PilOt
Galactic War has a severe memory leak that could lead to severe problem through the whole system (lobby, livereplay, forum, website, …).
It was shutdown until I had time to investigate it.
Galactic War was part of fund-raising made last year, in order to allow me to work on FAF/GW outside my…
Posted 7 years ago on November 11th 2013 by Ze PilOt
- Fixing an error with corrupted replays.
- Custom map pool for the matchmaker.
How is matchmaker working now?
You are now selecting the maps you want to play out of 80+ maps.
When you are matched against someone, the server is checking both players map list, make a common pool of your map…
Posted 7 years ago on November 9th 2013 by Ze PilOt
- Fixing a crash with channel modes (https://direct.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5704).
- Temporarily removed the matchmaker.
Why the matchmaker has been removed?
The current settings is a constant source of complains about the map pool, the league system, and the lack of fu…
Posted 7 years ago on October 27th 2013 by Ze PilOt
- New icon/logo (Thanks to Navras)
- Replays available directly in coop leaderboards.
- IRC chat is able to reconnect.
- Reconnection to relay server.
- Modes changes for users are correctly handled (+o, +v +q).
- Added support for /seen and !seen commands in chat.
- Added global & bot notices.
Posted 7 years ago on October 26th 2013 by Ze PilOt
The survey to elect the balance team for patch 3629 is now opened.
You will not choose directly what team you want.
You will first rank each team by his composition, then individually vote for all proposals.
It’s made that way because some changes are common to several teams.
The vote will en…
Posted 7 years ago on October 21st 2013 by Ze PilOt
The rules for season 5 have changed.
You start at 0 point, in the scout league.
Once you’ve reach a new league, your score is reset. You can’t go back to a previous league.
You can’t go lower than 0 point.
- You gain 0.5 points for beating a player o