Community News & Devblog
Patch notes, tournament announcements, community spotlights and more
Posted 8 years ago on October 19th 2011 by Ze PilOt
- The biggest is FAFInstaller update !
It’s now patching accordingly to what I’ve described here.
If all goes well, featured mods and 3609 will be added this week-end.
- Fixing a bug in the FA updater : On your first update, the patch wasn’t detected correctly in the lobby,
Posted 8 years ago on October 18th 2011 by Ze PilOt
ZLO_RD just won the last tournament !
Lu_Xun_17 and uberge3k, even with the tie-breaker, are tied for the second position, while Koecher barely made third place against Toejams, voodoo and pavese after a fourth round on Aqua World.
Thanks to all the participants…
Posted 8 years ago on October 16th 2011 by Ze PilOt
The new updater.
We are currently changing the way FAFInstaller (and the update system) works.
Here is how it will work :
- Until now, the updater was downloading the whole files. Now it will download a real patch. Meaning that instead of downloading 5-6 mb each time, you will have to download only
Posted 8 years ago on October 14th 2011 by Ze PilOt
- 3 Maps.
- Each 40 minutes.
- Maps can be voted on the GPG-forum http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54202
Tournament Page : http://direct.faforever.com/?page_id=133
Posted 8 years ago on October 12th 2011 by Ze PilOt
If you can’t reach the server, you can manually update this file :
[important]place it in
C:\Forged Alliance Forever - Lobby
NOT in your game directory ![/important]
[warning]It seems that some browsers rename the file faLobby.zip after the downlo…
Posted 8 years ago on October 9th 2011 by Ze PilOt
I’m moving FAF on our new server this week (10/10).
– faforever.com will open, with a brand new homepage for FA Forever.
– I’m currently updating the Updater
Would be easier to update FA and FAF, less errors too, and lighter updates.
This will also allow easy updat