Community News & Devblog
Patch notes, tournament announcements, community spotlights and more
Posted 7 years ago on October 25th 2011 by Ze PilOt
The featured Mod : Murder Party is now online !
What is it ? More infos on the forums ! http://direct.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=300
And Lab Wars from Legion_Darrath too !
More infos there ! http://direct.faforever.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
Posted 7 years ago on October 20th 2011 by Ze PilOt
Lobby Update :
- Fixing : Typing bug when having private chat and main chat.
- End of the changes for the new patching process.
- Adding more delay (from 1 to 10 seconds) before giving up on connection on start.
Fa Update :
- Adding “3603” compatibility to 3608 patch.
What does that mean ?…
Posted 7 years ago on October 19th 2011 by Ze PilOt
- The biggest is FAFInstaller update !
It’s now patching accordingly to what I’ve described here.
If all goes well, featured mods and 3609 will be added this week-end.
- Fixing a bug in the FA updater : On your first update, the patch wasn’t detected correctly in the lobby,
Posted 7 years ago on October 18th 2011 by Ze PilOt
ZLO_RD just won the last tournament !
Lu_Xun_17 and uberge3k, even with the tie-breaker, are tied for the second position, while Koecher barely made third place against Toejams, voodoo and pavese after a fourth round on Aqua World.
Thanks to all the participants…
Posted 7 years ago on October 16th 2011 by Ze PilOt
The new updater.
We are currently changing the way FAFInstaller (and the update system) works.
Here is how it will work :
- Until now, the updater was downloading the whole files. Now it will download a real patch. Meaning that instead of downloading 5-6 mb each time, you will have to download only
Posted 7 years ago on October 14th 2011 by Ze PilOt
- 3 Maps.
- Each 40 minutes.
- Maps can be voted on the GPG-forum http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54202
Tournament Page : http://direct.faforever.com/?page_id=133
Posted 7 years ago on October 12th 2011 by Ze PilOt
If you can’t reach the server, you can manually update this file :
[important]place it in
C:\Forged Alliance Forever - Lobby
NOT in your game directory ![/important]
[warning]It seems that some browsers rename the file faLobby.zip after the downlo…