Community News & Devblog
Patch notes, tournament announcements, community spotlights and more
Posted 17 days ago on January 1st 2020 by PhilipJFry
We’ve pushed a new executable (ForgedAlliance.exe) on the production server which was modified in order to avoid desync issues in games and replays that occurred a lot when a user was leaving the game.
In order to make this possible the UI will be put to a halt for 10…
Posted 3 months ago on October 19th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Today we released a new development patch with the patch number 3708!
New features include (but are not limited to):
- Improved shader for Seraphim
- A Curated Maps Button in the game lobby to promote maps picked by the M&M Councilor
- Auto fill lobby slots
- Remove invulnerabilit
Posted 6 months ago on July 29th 2019 by PhilipJFry
after a few weeks of testing we are now using the new replay server which was written by Mazernoob and Dragonite.
The old replay server had two big issues which we hope to resolve with this new server:
1. Broken replays due to the server not picking the correct file
2. The current
Posted 6 months ago on July 14th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Due to issues with the last patch we had to revert the executable for the game which is currently causing issues with the legacy client.
Fortunately we were able to get a quick fix for the exe from Kyril/FAETHER which is going to be deployed with this hotfix.
The game patch 3706 a…
Posted 6 months ago on July 5th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Today we released a new development patch with the patch number 3705!
New features include:
- Fix for the exe to reduce the amount of desynced replays (massive thanks to Kyril for his hard work)
- Improved Cheat Menu (ALT+F2) to support 16 Players
- Fixes various game bugs
You can fin…
Posted 9 months ago on April 25th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Hello dear FAF Users,
last week we had a server + client update in order to deal with connection related problems that users have on FAF.
Almost one week later we now also have a release for the legacy client which allows it to use the ice adapter as well.
If you log in to FAF with the legacy clien…
Posted a year ago on January 15th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Hello dear FAF Users!
Some of you might be aware that we are currently trying to not share any copyright protected code.
Approximately four months ago, after discussion with sheeo, downlord, and others to verify it was enough time, Visionik (the owner of FAForever) has enforced a deadline for this…
Posted a year ago on January 13th 2019 by PhilipJFry
Just reporting in for a small dev patch (3703) which contains bug fixes for the most part.
- Fixed a bug breaking the lobby when selecting an obsolete map
- Removed hardcoding on nuke weapon damage for mod support
- Fixed targeting issue for Salems on land
- Some other small fixes
Posted a year ago on December 28th 2018 by PhilipJFry
Today we release the the game patch 3702!
Some of the highlights of this patch are:
- A feedback button after playing a ladder game so you can tell everyone what you think of those ladder maps!
- Fixes for game crashing bugs that required some changes to the exe file.
- Slightly optimi