Update: Due to widespread reports of problems with 0.16, we have pulled it from the releases while we investigate. You can still download it here if you want to test it.
After careful testing by more adventurous volunteers, we now believe that the major overhaul of the Python Lobby Client has been vetted enough to be ready for a real public test.
Please be aware that this is still a test release and breakage is expected, including of the updater. If you are not comfortable with manually updating/reinstalling your client in case of problems, do not install this update.
With that out of the way, if you have been running 0.13.2, this client release brings a huge amount of improvements and bugfixes. Here is a list of just some of them:
- Fix map names being displayed wrong in host window for a modded game (#786, #787)
- Fix and add observer in tooltip for hosted games (#711)
- Fix “in game” icons next to chatters not showing at client launch (#791, #792)
- Fix join hosted game from chat user (#796)
- Fix regression – map and mod previews not downloading correctly (#804, #805)
- Rework client updater (#671, #672)
- Fix mods selected in game host window not remembered properly (#840, #841)
- Slightly decrease dependency of tabs on client class (#644)
- Clean up theme-specific util code (#663, #664)
- Add Friend/Foe feature for IRC users (#609, #657)
- Replace game quality in the play tab (NOT in the lobby) by average rating (#687, #688)
You can find the full changelog at the Github Release page. You can download the client installer directly from there as well.
- FAF has not officially supported Windows XP for a while, and this client release does not work with Windows XP.
- If you took part in the earlier public testing call you need to revert your changes now and then enable downgrading in the updater settings to get to the release version.
If you have any problems, you can revert back to client version 0.13.2 by downloading and running the old installer.
Update: Due to an issue while preparing the release, you may have gotten version 0.15.1 instead of 0.16.0. In this case, please refaf and you will be prompted for another upgrade that will take you to 0.16.0.